Velaa Private Island
- Located north from Male, within the constellation of islands that form the Noonu Atoll, Velaa Private Island brings a new meaning to “private moments” in the Maldives. Here the essence of Maldivian culture, lifestyle and landscape meets limitless opportunities, where no request is too much, and each guest will ultimately feel that this is their own private island. Comprising 43 private villas and 2 four-bedroom residences fusing local materials and contemporary flourishes, each retreat offers a generous outdoor space and private pool. While 18 villas are built over water, the Romantic Villa is the only exclusive villa that is reached by boat. Our Residences are the only 4-bedroom residences in Maldives, accommodating up to 10 people offering elegant contemporary design and 1,350 SQM of interior and exterior space, incl. 2 terraces, a pool and a courtyard. For the epicurean, Velaa Private Island boasts the culinary consultancy of Michelin-star chef Adeline Grattard from Paris, and the most extensive wine cellar in the Indian Ocean. With 3 restaurants, 2 bars and 1 wine cellar, every palate is sure to be satisfied. The spa, in addition to featuring exclusive My Blend by Clarins products and treatments, will showcase the first ‘snow room’ in the Maldives and comprises six secluded treatment rooms nestled over the island’s turquoise lagoon. Two cloud-shaped reclining treatment pods by Klafs and Sha will also be featured in the spa, which slowly sway and cradle guests into deep relaxation. Golf enthusiasts will be treated to the only Short Game Golf Academy in the Maldives. Designed by professional golfer and two-time Masters champion Jose Maria Olazabal, golfers can craft their game in the middle of paradise.
BEACH POOL VILLA
- These detached one-bedroom beach front villas are sumptuously furnished. Mahogany louvered panels and intricate lofty ceilings impart a colonial feel, while teak furniture and suspended bamboo lights bring nature indoors. Wall to wall glass doors frame the terrace and private pool. By day the villas are filled with light, yet remain secluded by clusters of palms.An indoor bathroom with Romeo and Juliet basins opens onto a large outdoor bathroom connected by a garden atrium where a gazebo covered daybed overlooks the over-sized tub. Day beds, swinging chairs and an alfresco dining area face the Indian Ocean.
DELUXE BEACH POOL VILLA
- Natural materials and colours bring the outside in, while a suspended chair adds an element of playful refinement. These private one-bedroom beachfront pool villas feature a large separate living room, outdoor terrace and private pool and indoor bathroom.The Zen-like outdoor bathroom features a huge bath and deck, and a reclining daybed under a pillared podium connected by a garden atrium. The alfresco dining area by the pool is the place to be at sunset.
BEACH POOL HOUSE
- In lush foliage flanked by gently swaying palms, the two-bedroom beachfront houses are ideal for families. The large living area works as a retreat in the day and a social hub in the evening. It leads to the kitchen area, complete with bar and high stools, which is practical for both catering and socialising over snacks and meals.Bedrooms blend light and privacy using louvered wood, natural materials and lights suspended from high vaulted ceilings. Rattan swinging chairs add a sense of fun to the elegant décor. Outside, there is a spacious terrace with a large private pool, carefully positioned day beds and a standalone outdoor dining platform which offers panoramic views of the lagoon.
VELAA PRIVATE RESIDENCE
- Imagine the definitive ultimate beach residence. With four bedrooms accommodating up to 10 guests, a rarity in the Maldives, the Velaa Private Residences offer elegant contemporary design and 1,350 square metres of private interior and exterior space, inclusive of two terraces, a pool and a courtyard.Secluded on a pristine private beach, the carefully curated interiors deliver comfort, style and elegance in equal measures. These two-storey detached residences are laid out with privacy in mind. Each of the four bedrooms face the ocean across a stretch of icing sugar sand; the first floor bedrooms have generous balconies, while the ground floor rooms open onto the pool. Indoor and outdoor bathrooms are connected by a garden atrium.Flanked by two gazebos for dining, relaxation or playing, the pool reflects the ocean and is the central focus. Behind the living space a gym, spa room and outdoor living area offer plenty of quiet spaces to retire to. These residences set a new level of ultimate luxury in the Maldives for friends and families alike.
- A unique experience awaits all our guests at the Athiri beach-front restaurant. Take delight in the surrounding beauty and selections available from our Á la carte menu, no matter the time of day.
A buffet breakfast with fresh fruits and a choice of cooked breakfasts for different moods is the perfect way to start the day. All day cuisine is available at your leisure, including Athiri’s signature pizzas fresh from the wood-fired oven! Or visit us and gaze across the beautiful beach as the sun sets while savouring the delectable Athiri specialties we have prepared especially for you.
- Against the backdrop of spectacular ocean views, Avi is the perfect place to unwind and sip on delicious cocktails while relaxing poolside. Complete with its own mixologist and live DJ, Avi is a casual pool bar by day and a vibrant cocktail bar by night, where we take special care of our guests.
Relax as the evening gives way to a blanket of stars, twinkling in harmony with the rhythmic beat. Feel the energy envelop you, forget your worries and have fun. Whether dancing or dreaming of the heavens, Avi Bar is the perfect way to end a day in Paradise.
- The amazing views over Velaa and the beautiful azure waters of the Indian Ocean are further intensified by Tavaru’s brand-new menu celebrating the Teppanyaki grill cuisine.
Tavaru’s newly implemented lunchtime Bento Box concept pays tribute to the expertise of our chefs, with their mastery, craft and innovation for cultivating bold, creative sharing dishes in a modern light show-cased through their extraordinary skill on the Teppanyaki grill plate.
Touch the stars as you settle down to dinner… Watch the theatre of our talented chefs from a front-row seat as they slice, dice, season and create bespoke menus with particular flair and finesse right under your nose aside the sizzling hot iron plates of the Teppanyaki grill.
- • Tea/Coffee maker
- • Minibar
- • Safety Deposit
- • Air conditioning
- • Seating Area
- • Fan
- • Flat-screen TV
- • Private entrance
- • Wake-up service
- • Alarm clock
- • Electric kettle
- • Wardrobe or closet
- • Terrace
- • Clothes rack
- • Sofa bed
Fulfil your adrenaline fuelled fantasies and realise your dreams with our variety of high tech toys. Sail along the Velaa Private Island reef on our Weta trimaran or Topcat K1 catamaran.
Experience the thrill of speeding across the water on our jet-ski, or feel like James bond exploring the house reef with the Sea Bob. Cruise and surf Velaa at your own pace aboard a stand-up paddleboard. Feel the sensation of flying with parasailing or kite surfing.
- Far from the heavy traffic, CO2 pollution, noise disturbance and stress associated with our daily grind, the marine world is another dimension that Mother Earth has bestowed upon us. Immerse yourself in absolute tranquillity and discover the secrets of this big blue abyss. Experience a weightlessness of both body and mind amid the diversity of colours, inquisitive species and awe-inspiring giants.
Grey reef sharks, nurse sharks, the seasonal manta ray, black spotted stingray and the graceful eagle ray can be seen among the amazing Maldivian pelagic life at unexplored dive sites that are only fifteen minutes from the Velaa Private Island shore.
Creating perfect moments and ever-lasting memories begins with a meaningful location. Regardless of whether your destination is an exotic deserted island, a pristine coral reef, or an atoll filled with a variety of fish, the Velaa marine fleet has a large range of vessel for any occasion.
A romantic get-away deserves a sensual glide across the ocean on our luxury traditional Batheli. Fishing enthusiasts will appreciate a day aboard our powerful fishing boat, which is not only equipped with the latest fishing equipment, but is also furnished for comfort with all modern amenities. For those who prefer to spend their time lazing in luxury, the prestige Velaa yacht can accommodate more than just the wind in your hair.
- “BREATHE IN THE BEAUTY OF VELAA”
We invite you to immerse yourself in deep relaxation and rediscover your inner peace and spiritual well-being. Offering the ultimate personalised experiences, our Spa can create a unique programme for the duration of your stay. Embracing a holistic approach to wellness, the Spa also offers a selection of Asian-inspired therapies including Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation to enhance and promote health and longevity.
Experience innovative Spa facilities whilst enjoying freshly prepared juices or a bottle of champagne, and embrace the turquoise ocean with its endless tranquillity.
Our Spa boutique showcases various lifestyle products, allowing you to continue your spa experience in the comfort of your home. Discover paradise within a paradise, where a world of renewal awaits your arrival.
- Seaplane transfers are available during day light only (6 Am to 4:30 Pm).
- Resort can also be reached by Domestic Air + Speedboat Transfer.
- On your arrival to Male International Airport – Resort representative will welcome you to the resort transfers or at the Resort Airport Counter No. 08.
VELAA EARLY BIRD OFFER
- Plan your ultimate getaway 2019 at velaa private island & save:
- 20% off on villa rates
to book 180 days prior to the arrival date
10% off on villa rates
to book 75 days prior to the arrival date